The Bullitt County Flag represents the early history of Bullitt County.
This flag was adopted as the official flag of Bullitt County by Bullitt Fiscal Court on September 18, 1967. The design was created in 1967 and first displayed on December 13 of that year at a ceremony at Roby Elementary School, marking the 171st anniversary of the county.
White represents salt. Salt was an important factor in Bullitt County history. The first commercial salt works west of the Allegheny Mountains was erected at Bullitt’s Lick. This was partly responsible for settlers coming to the county.
Green represents the beautiful land. Game was plentiful, and fertile soil yielded abundant crops upon which the people thrived.
The Circle of Stars represents Bullitt County’s rank as the 20th county created in the state.
1796 represents the year Bullitt County was created by the Kentucky Legislature, December 13, 1796.
Crossed Muskets represent the Pioneer days of the county. The battles fought to gain and hold the land, to survive in the wilderness; the food it provided; security when in need.